LOS ANGELES COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Los Angeles Mission College
Limited Status 0.4FTE Faulty in Mathematics
ITV/The Weekend College Program, is seeking adjunct faculty [Limited Status] to teach Mathematics 115 (Elementary Algebra). This class will be taught on an accelerated eight-week schedule. The class has three components; video lessons which are already produced, an online component using the MyMathLab, and weekend class meetings on four different campuses in the LA District. Assignment will begin April, and may be renewed upon successful evaluation.
Faculty teach on the weekends, at four different locations: City and West Los Angeles Colleges on Saturdays and Valley, Mission and/or Pierce Colleges on Sundays. Faculty teach at all four locations. Faculty are responsible for the online aspects of the class using the MyMathLab. There is an office hour requirement of three hours a week. Office hours are served one day a week (3- 6 PM) in the ITV/Weekend College Offices at LA Mission College.
Compensation is in accordance with the Preparation Salary Schedule at forty percent of a full time assignment. The salary range for each eight-week class is $10,934 -$17,024. Benefits includes illness time and, if eligible, the opportunity to participate in group health insurance and retirement
Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications for Mathematics:
- Master's in mathematics or applied mathematics; OR
- Bachelors in mathematics or applied mathematics, AND Master's in statistics, physics, or mathematics education.
- Applicants must demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students including those with physical and/or learning disabilities.
- Community college teaching experience.
- Experience or interest in teaching in a virtual teaching environment. Faculty who have certification in Blackboard, Course Compass, MyMathlab or MyMathlab Plus will be given preference.
- Experience teaching short-term classes.
Applicant must complete training for MyMathLab prior to beginning the assignment.
Application Process (to be considered you must submit):
1. A cover letter which describes your education and work experience related to the position.
2. A current resume.
3. A list of three references.
4. Applicants who are not currently teaching in the Los Angeles Community College District must include copies of college transcripts with their application. Transcripts from
foreign institutions must be submitted with an approved evaluation of equivalency from a foreign evaluation service approved by the California Commission on Teaching Credentialing: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf
Applicants will be required to file the application using web-based software to create an applicant profile account, allowing documents to be saved and uploaded as attachments. Application materials are not accepted by fax, walk-ins, postal mail and e-mail. Please go to: https://laccd.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=6&c=laccd to file the application. The completed application must be filed no later than 4 PM February 17, 2017. to be considered. All applications will be reviewed by a Discipline Selection Committee; only selected candidates will be invited to interview. All materials submitted will become property of Los Angeles Mission College.
More information may be found at:
www.lamission.edu/itv or by calling:
Myriam Levy/Dept. Chair, ITV
818/364-7600 ext 3600.
Individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may request an accommodation in the selection/interview process with at least three business days prior notice. Documentation of the need for accommodation may be requested.
Equal Employment Policy:
The policy of the Los Angeles Community College District is to implement equal opportunity to all qualified candidates for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, medical condition (cancer related), sexual orientation, or veteran status. Positive action will be taken to ensure that this policy is followed in all personnel practices including recruitment, hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion, and treatment during employment, rate of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, layoff or termination. A vigorous equal employment opportunity program will be maintained to ensure a diverse work force and to achieve expected representation of qualified members of under-represented groups through the implementation of specific result-oriented plans and procedures (Board Rule 101301)
Los Angeles Mission College is an Equal Opportunity Employer